Sunday, September 11, 2005

a few things

Claire's birthday was great. My parents visited on Thursday and then we went to Sun Prairie tonight. I think its always best to spread out your birthday and celebrate on as many occasions as possible. My birthday is coming up later this month, so I think I better start celebrating and eating cake now. Well, I guess I have been eating cake, so maybe I'll just continue. So Claire has a bunch of new toys and they all are very cool.

Some of you who read this blog know Mike has been working on his application, or personal statement more accurately, for residencies. Its been ... well, stressful, to say the least. There have been many nights lately that I wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning to find Mike typing away because he couldn't sleep. But the good news is that it is finally to The Version that will be submitted, and thats big news at our house. I'm thinking we should eat cake to celebrate.

Maighie has a blog! I put a link to it over on the right. Its called Open Space. I didn't know she worked with the Red Cross. I can't wait to hear more about her experiences there.

I'm pretty tired, so I'm going to get to bed. Hopefully Mike will come along. He's sitting right next to me, on his own laptop, writing his own blog entry. How crazy is that? I remember when my parents bought our first computer and I was so excited because it came with SOLITAIRE! I wonder what technology Claire will have that will cause her to look back and wonder "how could we live like that, way back then?"

No comments: