Saturday, October 15, 2005

Reasons Why Claire is Mike's Daughter



Originally uploaded by shalberg.
1. This morning Dora was on one channel and college football was on another. Claire chose football, hands down, and then sat on the floor and watched it. She is still sitting on the floor watching it.

2. Earlier this morning she told me she had poop in her pocket, and then laughed like it was the funniest joke that was ever told.

3. Last weekend at Nana's house Claire found a sucker in the diaper bag and was eating it. She didn't eat lunch, so I took the sucker away and gave her a celery stick instead. She was completely fine with this trade.

4. Claire will wear a favorite shirt for days at time if I let her, no matter how much food is layered on it. Mike will too.


2 comments:

Leslie Fedorchuk said...

Try this - offer her some pennies and some nickels in your hand - if she picks out the nickels (or asks for more nickels) then there is no argument.... I wonder if her father remembers this fun game that he used to play with his aunts, uncles and grandparents? His Grandpa John thought his was the funniest thing in the world.

michael said...

Sheela tried this test and Claire passed with flying colors. For those unfamiliar, in Fitzgerald folklore I would go from Aunt to Uncle at hollidays and ask "Do you have any of those round silver things for me." That's how I would get all my loot.