Thursday, February 22, 2007

endodontic therapy

If anyone thought it was all chocolate covered strawberries and shushing down mountains and tropical vacations over here, its not. This week I had to get a root canal, or endodontic therapy as I prefer to say because it sounds much more worthy of the price tag. I was a little worried about it, I've heard horror stories like anyone else, but in reality, it was nothing. Less than nothing, actually. My tooth didn't hurt to begin with, the procedure itself was completely painless, and the area isn't sore now (I was warned that the people without pain prior to a root canal typically have more pain after the procedure). The biggest difference is now that tooth isn't cold sensitive like it used to be, and that is actually really nice. I was glad the whole thing was such a non-issue. The worst part about it is that I have to go back for the 'permanent restoration' in a month. I'm the kind of person who would prefer to just get it all over with in one shot, but I know thats not always the best way to do things. But at least it will be all finished before we leave for Hawaii!

No comments: