Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Fair

We went to the State Fair tonight. I really love going to the fair. I'm not sure Mike has the same level of enthusiasm as I do, but lucky for me, Claire sure does. At least for now. I think my favorite part was when Mike pointed out a horse butt to Claire and Claire promptly requested "more butts".

The flavored milk was as good as ever, but we probably broke a few Wisconsin Laws when we passed on the cream puffs again. To be honest, they just don't appeal to me. I'm sure they are fantastic though, so its probably best for me to continue to believe that they 'don't look like something I'd like'. We did go to the Wisconsin Products Pavilion and were surprised with how many things are Wisconsin products. They were making fresh french fries right there in the middle of everything, and it smelled so good. Claire colored a button that was made right in front of her, Mike got to taste test a bunch of BBQ sauces, and I got to breathe the french fry air I've already mentioned. We also learned that Wisconsin is the #10 bison meat producer in the United States. I'd never have guessed it.

It was a lot of fun, especially for Claire. Its so much fun to watch her see something new. There are more pictures in the Flickr Photostream, so check them out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Claire, who currently loves farms, must have been in her glory! Did you see my booth while you were at the fair? You know I DO have a farm according to Claire and so I decided to have an exhibit. I, of course, brought many animals with "more butts"!