Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A Brewer Game

We just got back from the Brewer game. Mike helped out with a survey some dr's from MCW are doing and in return got awesome tickets. Right behind the plate, ten rows back. It was really fun. At about the eighth inning, a big group of people who were sitting in the FRONT ROW got up and LEFT! Mike, being much more daring than I, walked right down and sat in the best seat you could ever want, right in front of an usher. The only other time I've ever sat in those seats was when my brother, Dave, played at Miller Park. He was in high school and I think it was an All-Star game. He grabbed a handful of dirt from the pitchers mound to keep as a souvenir and I accidentally kicked it over in the back seat of the car. But anyway, I was sure Michael was going to be walked out and shot for trespassing, but instead the usher did nothing. So seeing it was safe, I moved up as well. Now we both got to be on tv. We of course called our moms. Our moms demanded we wave, so we did. Then we kissed, right on national television, in front of everyone, and much to my mom's enjoyment.

A few highlights.
The Sausage Race up close and personal. (the picture is blurry because they were running THAT fast!) Mike picked the winner from the starting line.
Finding out exactly what the Brewers look like. Carlos Lee is HUGE. Not that I thought he was skinny and short, I just didn't think he was so big. Chad Moeller is definitely one of the fitter looking guys on the team and JJ Hardy the best looking.
The Bucket-Heads and their O's. They are so fun to watch.
And of course the seats, though I didn't take a picture of us sitting in our seats. But, James and Elissa kindly watched Claire for us AND tivo-ed Mike and I making fools of ourselves waving and making-out behind home plate. I haven't seen it yet, but I hear its great. And I know the Brewers ended up losing, but hey, we had a great time.

3 comments:

jimhalberg said...

Oh man! I can't believe that I (a) wasn't near my phone to know you were there and (b) wasn't paying enough attention to the game to notice you were right behind the plate!!! I was at a friends house playing cards and the game was even on in the background!

Can't believe I missed it!

Sheila said...

Well, we were sitting there as the Brewers lost 5-2. Can't really be surprised you weren't paying attention to that. Almost everyone sitting around us was on a cell phone trying to get someone to see them on tv. The guy next to me was pretty frusterated and kept saying "Do you see the girl in the yellow shirt??? I'm RIGHT NEXT TO HER!" So I waved to whoever he was talking to. It was a great time.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... it could just be my imagination, but I think I may have see you guys on Sportscenter. It was on one of the 9 TVs at the gym when I was on the treadmill and I may have seen you in passing. Were they playing the Reds? (or some other team with red caps?)