Tuesday, August 16, 2005

20 years later...


Blanket
Originally uploaded by shalberg.
Claire is reading books on the ABC quilt my mom made. The alphabet squares are all cross-stitched and feature a letter along with a bear and something that begins with the letter (a bear flying an airplane and the letter A, for example). My mom started making this blanket for me when I was Claire's age, and then finally finished it for Claire (and I) last Christmas. She said the hardest part was coming up with how to assemble it all. Only 20 years in the making!

I remember playing with all the squares, laying them out and looking at all the pictures when I was growing up. I enjoy it just as much now. There is something about seeing the pictures today exactly as I remember them as a child that I don't quite know how to put into words. Its a very strong and detailed memory. And now I am able to look at and explore the pictures with Claire, which is very special.

No comments: