Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Zoo

Its a beautiful day. The temperature is somewhere around 75 degrees, the humidity is gone, just a few puffy white clouds in the sky. A perfect day to be outside. A perfect day for a Brewer game! Claire even said she wanted to go, and I believe she has recovered from the two games in one weekend trauma of a few months ago. But she overheard me say the word "zoo" while on the phone with my mom, and baseball was then out of the question. The Brewers shirt came off and Claire started making animal noises: monkeys, lions, birds and especially elephants. I really wanted to go to the game, so I tried to tell her the elephants were at work. I tried to tell her they were sleeping. She didn't believe a word of it. She kept saying "Mama. Peese? (insert monkey noise) Peese? (elephant noise complete with miming of trunk) Peese?" So I gave in, and we went to the Zoo. I have been to the Milwaukee Zoo before, but I was too young to remember it. It is a really nice Zoo. We didn't get to see all of it, but we did make sure to see the monkeys (Apes of Africa) and elephants. We had a really great time walking around and checking everything out. Turns out it was a perfect day for the Zoo.

No comments: