Sunday, July 31, 2005

camping

Camping was so fun. We ended up in the site right next to James and Elissa, without planning it. It was perfect. Our site was gigantic and we used it for bocce ball and ladder golf. I don't know if thats the most common name, but you can see what I am talking about and even play a little if you click here. Our tent didn't work out quite as well as I thought it would. The biggest tent is fine, but the two tents that connect to it are a bit too low. I set up Claire's bed and there was about five inches between the top of the crib and the top of the tent. It would be nice to have a tent you can stand in, so maybe I'll keep looking. And speaking of Claire, she wasn't too excited about sleeping in a tent. I tried to put her down and it didn't work, so Mike took a shot. He ended up being lulled to sleep by her cries, but she was actually pretty quick to follow. She really seemed to love camping. She explored just about everything. On Saturday, my parents came to visit and they ended up taking Claire back home with them. We didn't really plan for that to happen, but when the option was presented, we were all for it. Claire actually kept asking for Grandma's house, and it allowed Mike and I to spend some time together. It was really nice to hang around with him the whole weekend, and see James and Elissa and their kids. You can see pictures here.

Its really nice to be home, and I am hoping that Claire missed her own bed so much that she sleeps in a little bit tomorrow. Actually, I'm pretty sure she will get up earlier than normal, but I'm still hoping for a little extra sleep!

No comments: