Wednesday, July 20, 2005

staying up late

So I always do this. Mike is on call and I sit up and waste hours and hours doing nothing but surfing around online, watching tv, and eating snacks (in this case its Dove dark chocolates. Yummm). I don't really know why I do this. I am a little tired and I really should go to bed, I just can't bring myself to do it. And since there isn't anyone here to make me go to bed at a reasonable hour, I just keep staying awake.

Its like I'm getting away with something or breaking the rules. I think I may be making Mike sound like a parent or The Enforcer. He's not of course. The only reason he'd like me to go to bed and get some sleep is so he doesn't have to live with a Grumpy Goose (one of Claire's signing videos deals with emotions and the grumpy emotion is played by a goose. He is grumpy because all of his friends forgot his birthday. Then of course he is surprised when his friends jump out and yell "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!". Grumpy Goose sounds good, so it kind of sticks around.), which I can understand. Maybe its a motivation problem. After all, going to bed requires me to brush my teeth, floss, take out my contacts, wash my face. Its all such a bother, and really its much easier to sit here and continue to type. Then again how much fun is it to read me ramble? Eh, maybe I should just go to bed and get some sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to understand why on earth you would stay up, on your own, with Dove dark chocolate, control of the remote, surfing whatever interests you...O.K., what I am really trying to figure out is why you are wondering why you are staying up! This sounds like a precious bit of "Sheila time" to me.