Sunday, July 24, 2005

Struck

My parent's house was struck by lightning yesterday. It sounds like they are discovering all kinds of problems that it created. Holes in the siding all around the house ranging from very small to two foot areas, broken tv's, broken internet, broken garage door openers, broken central air, a crack in the cement where the lightning hit, broken lamps, metal pipes in the basement welded themselves together, multiple broken outlets and circuit breakers. It definitely sounds like the kind of thing that you discover more things that were zapped every day. I'm so thankful no one was hurt.

Today is Monnie and Jim's shower. I'm looking forward to it. So is Claire, she is having a very difficult time falling asleep. I keep hearing "Monnie's house". I'll give her a few more minutes. It would be really nice if she were well rested.

Today is also Mike's last weekend day of call for Trauma Surgery. He only has one more call day left, Thursday (yay!). In August he is doing Forensic Pathology, and it should be a much better month as far as time demands go. I don't know if he'll necessarily like it better, but he will be home more often, so I'll like it better.

That seems to be it for now. I'll post some pictures.

No comments: