Wednesday, March 16, 2005

daily doings

Well, I got the red car fixed today. Its really nice to have that done. Those lingering car problems seem to always be in the back of my mind. We also found (finally) a good honest guy, and he's right next door to James and Elissa. I was able to just walk over to their house today and visit while it was being worked on. Unfortunately, Mason is really sick, and Claire played with him. Actually, Elissa is in the ER with him right now. Sounds like they want to do a chest x-ray. I'll have to keep an eye on Claire. I really tried to wash her hands a lot, and I gave her a bath when we got home. He's been on antibiotics for a few days now, and Mike says he shouldn't be contagious anymore, but I'm a little worried about it anyway. It isn't a pleasant thing.

Mike said he was 100% pathology today. This whole business of picking a specialty is quite the ride. This past Monday was Match Day for the fourth years. Thursday they find out where they are going. One year from now, we'll know if we matched. In a lot of ways, these first three years of medical education have FLOWN by. But somedays it seems like time is going so slow, it may even be going backwards when I'm not paying attention. There is still a lot to go through. It sounds like I'm dreading it. I'm not. Not since Mike has been focusing on the importance of life style more. And by that I don't mean living in a mansion on the lake is important to him (us). I mean picking a specialty in which he is not working 18 hours a day and on a Q3 call schedule. Thank you, thank you, Plastic Surgery. I do think this process is fun. I love seeing Mike doing something he loves to do, and wants to do so much.

Other than that, nothing much has been happening. I'm excited for warmer weather. And since watching 'Mr. 3000', I'm really looking forward to going to some Brewer games.

No comments: