Thursday, March 09, 2006

Being Sick Wasn't Part of the Plan

We are all sick today. I was awake for less than three hours yesterday and Sheela is yet to get up today. Claire is still sick, but slept only an hour or two (including last night). Hopefully we will feel better soon, it is cramping our social schedule.

Note to sickies: Watch out for Tylenol (acetaminophen). I typically take the normal Dayquil, Robitussin regimen when I am sick. Today I was looking at what I actually took yesterday - too much acetaminophen. Dayquil (two gel caps twice during the day = 1000mg), Robitussin (normal adult dose 2TBSP twice during the night=2000mg), and Tylenol for my headache (two Tylenol twice=2000mg). Total is 5000mg, and I took everything as prescribed!!! The maximum dose for people with a healthy liver is 4000mg, putting me over the limit, and I definitely would have taken more if I hadn't caught myself.

No comments: