Thursday, May 12, 2005

Normal?

Well its been a while since I've had any time to write an entry. The furnace installers I wrote about in previous entries are STILL HERE! If they come back tomorrow I am going to start charging rent. Have these guys moved in? Is there an apartment in the attic now? What can they possibly be doing?? To be fair, I really have no idea what it takes to put a furnace in the attic and then make it work, but you would think it would take less than two weeks. These guys are professionals after all. And I've seen those shows where they completely level a house and then build a sparkley new one in its place in seven days. They obviously have NOT hired the furnace guys we have to do all the heating and cooling stuff.

Anyway, last Wednesday I went to Green Bay and stayed there until Sunday. The furnace guys (can you believe I don't even know their names, even after this long?) asked me to take Claire and leave since it would be noisy and dirty. I wasn't around for the noise, but they were right on with the dirt. They made one heck of a mess. You don't realize how many surfaces you have in your house until they are all completely covered in filth. But they are finished with the messy stuff, and are just putting on a few final touches. I've been able to clean just about everything other than the areas they are still working in.

Those areas will have to wait, because Claire is now sick. She must have picked up a bug somewhere, she can't keep anything down. She's been sleeping a lot, and when she's awake, she's either crying, trying to sleep, or vomiting. Poor kid. I am always amazed at how much laundry one little person can create. She seems to be doing a bit better now than yesterday, so I think its on its way out.

On a happier note, friends of ours had tickets to the Brewer game Tuesday night and invited us along. Our seats were in the 300 Club, right behind the plate. Probably the best seats I've ever sat in. It was perfect baseball weather, and the Brewers won, what could be more fun?

No comments: