Sunday, May 15, 2005

God

The last book I read, with Adam, was about fly fishing ("The River Why"), and about half way through it I stopped, put down the book and had an amazing warmth; suddenly I believed in God. I don't know how much it had to do with the book, but the main character is a fishing nut that explores religion and philosophy at times. Anyway, I suddenly realized that I have been going about things backwards all the while. I have always tried to start with what I knew about the Bible, the sermons I have attended and such and keep learning more until I figured out whether their was enough evidence for me to believe. When I put down the book, I realized that I must work the other way. I know that there is a God, and now I am going to work backwards. I figure there is not enough evidence to justify belief, but there may be enough for me to eventually figure out what God means in my mind.

If you are still reading Adam, I can't believe you didn't tell me the ending! That is crazy, she is soooooooooo hot!!!!!!! I teared up (but don't tell anyone). How far are you in The Da Vinci Code? Oh, and is it okay for a married guy to call a girl hot if she is an imaginary character in a book (who probably looks a lot like Sheela.)?

No comments: