Sunday, June 26, 2005

Potty!!

Claire went in her toilet tonight! I know this is bigger news to me than anyone else, but I'm pumped, so everyone will have to read the play-by-play. =)

Claire: Mama poopoo.
Me: Do you have to poop Claire? (poopoo can refer to #1 or #2)
Claire: Yep.
Me: Okay, lets go sit on the toilet.
She runs into the bathroom and sits on her mini-toilet. Nothing happens. Then she looks really alarmed and starts to get up.
Me: Do you have to go potty?
Claire: Yeah (panicking)
Me: Its okay, you can sit down and go potty in the toilet.
Claire: Mama poopoo (points to the big toilet and wants me to sit down too, so I do.)
Then she goes! I cheer for her and she gets really excited, and she wants to go more.

It seems like she thinks the whole thing is pretty cool, which is great. I realize this is but one time that she went on the toilet, and I know that there will be many accidents ahead. But she used to not want anything to do with the whole toilet business, so we've come a long way.

Now I have to go read up on potty training strategies.

No comments: