Thursday, December 14, 2006

December What?

So far, the end of this year has been mild. Or so I've been told. Since this is our first winter in Maine, we don't have anything to compare it to. But on days like today, anyone can tell its unseasonably nice out. I don't know what the 'official' temperature today was, but when my thermometer read 57 degrees, Claire and I jumped in the car and went to the beach.














You just have to take advantage of these warm days. I keep thinking that this will be it, from here on in its going to get chilly...and then it doesn't. Or hasn't yet, anyway. Its exactly what Eric was just talking about. In Hawaii, 75 degrees is cold enough to wear a sweatshirt. In Maine, 57 degrees in December is warm enough to head to the beach without a jacket. I kind of hope it cools off soon, I want to see some snow out here!

No comments: