Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Cabin

This weekend we made a trip to Ironwood.  I have to say, I had my reservations about taking our Lumina on such a long trip.  Don't get me wrong, its a very reliable car and has never left us stranded, but it is getting up there in age and miles.  Milena often will say 'aaaaaaaahhhhhh' for long stretches of time when we are on the highway because the ride is rough enough that she likes how her voice sounds.  And Mike steers with his knees because his hands go numb after holding on to the steering wheel for too long.  But it was fine.  We even took it out to the cabin.  It was pretty easy getting in, but it had rained all weekend and I was more than a little concerned getting back out would be a problem.  But that was fine too.  It was a quick visit, but enough time to get inside the cabin, take a few swings on the new Pendulum Swing and collect some rocks.  Claire is an awesome rock collector.  She really has an eye for picking out the cool ones.  Milena is the opposite.  I believe it was her goal to lick and then throw all the rocks on the beach, one by one.   


They must have tasted awful, judging by her face after each lick, but she carried on.



Over and over, until Claire stepped in and even still, she tried to lick rocks.  




















It was really nice to see the cabin again.  It was even nicer to hear Claire say how much she liked it.

I have a lot of other pictures that I'll probably post later, but I thought these were fun right away.

5 comments:

Eric said...

It's been said before, but the first time the guys took our annual trip up there 14 or so years ago, we talked about a lot of things, but families and jobs were such hypothetical things to us then. I love the contrast of how much life has changed for everyone, but the cabin is always the same, amazing place.

I can't wait to get back up there in September.

Shelagh said...

I love seeing the next generation enjoying the cabin. Thanks for posting Sheila.

Sheila said...

It definitely seems to stay the same over time. It looks great, obviously a lot of work has been put in lately.

I'm sure its going to be great getting back there this September.

Anonymous said...

I love pictures that tell a story. These are great.
t.

Adam & Amanda said...

I'm so glad that Adelyn isn't the only little girl that thinks it is a good to put rocks in her mouth! Adam said the cabin looks great, he could immediately tell someone had been cleaning.