Thursday, May 18, 2006

Moving Day

This morning (after a lot of hard work yesterday and the day before...and the day before that) our basement looked like this.















Lots of boxes, furniture, beds, toys and just plain stuff we could not imagine living without. By 10:00am, our moving truck had arrived, and by 2:00, things were looking good. Mike was lifting vacuum cleaners with one hand, and James was cutting through nylon rope with his teeth. Turns out James has some crazy truck packing skills.




















It was just a few minutes later that we realized we may have packed James right along with the chairs. Mike and I feigned alarm and confusion, but really it was just a plan to ensure we'd have help unpacking once we got to Maine.















But that didn't work out like we planned, and James cleverly escaped. Shoot.
















Just a few minutes later the doors were put in place...and we were done! Hurray! We used up just as much space as we were quoted for, maybe an inch or two more.















And now I have a place to park my car again!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Congratulations and best of luck!

Leslie Fedorchuk said...

I guess this is really happening! Sorry I will miss the big bash today. You all know I am there in spirit. Send me your Maine address via email ok? Love.

Anonymous said...

Clever plan to take James with you. Too bad he escaped before you put the door in. I'd also take his little son, Mason. What a cutie pie!

Have a great trip. I hope you, your furniture, and one or two cars end up in Maine.